8.08.2011

Coming Back to Gratitude (sometimes i really do forget)

Fresh vegetables from a neighbor.
My 12 year old looking stick-like body, all in working order.


Pug nails, ticking.
One Sunflower filled with seeds and memories.


Having Time back.
Love songs to Him running through my always song stuck mind.
Hot morning coffee.


Baby gates.
The rare but always beautiful landing of a particular forever friend.


Home purging.
Pushing out to bring in.
Being almost there.


Seeing Him again.
A hot summer day poolside with my own son: an old longing dream fulfilled again.

Sundresses.
The way the light streams in.


Paper wings planted like morning kisses.


The recent discovery of a special place nearby.


This one and only. Always.


Thank You God, for all of this.

2 comments:

  1. yes, I am with you.....this always brings things back into perspective doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! :) I have a stick-like figure too. And I'm pregnant.. with a stick like figure. Before long, I'll look like an olive on a toothpick. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are a blessing to me. Thank you for taking the time to share your heart.