I haven't found it from taking a pill. Not after a girls' night out or a deep house cleaning. I don't find it in a bottle or at the end of a fork. Not even in escaping far away in a good book or a morning massage.
The only way I've been able to center myself with what is right and move forward with a better perspective has been to read God's Word and count what counts.
Anytime that I stop and make an account of what is Good, I am changed for the better immediately.
At the fresh starting place of this new year I am beginning again, to everyday live in gratitude to God for all that I have, in all things.
Each week on Monday I'm going to sit down and type one of these lists here:
* aeropostale pajamas all day
* toys from one end of the house to the other
* the voices of my only child, his best friend, and our foreign exchange student all playing together
* fresh scentsy scents
* homeschool freedom and flexibility
* freshly purged and washed cabinets and fridge
* a happier, healthier, grain-free pug
* homemade cookies and ice cream
* laundry day and shows to watch for ironing
* pink cleated soft paws and no kitty surgery
* someone wonderful to dream with
* beautiful white snow covering dormant brown in waiting
* new and exciting beginnings
* God's provisions in ALL seasons of life