3.02.2011

Just More You

You assured me You made up the walls and beams of the last home we called our own.
And all I saw were generic coverings and low end finishes and clearly not enough room for my big dreams of children and animals and belongings...
I wanted more.

You said I’d have a baby boy and we would wrap him up our own and bring him home.
And I saw “first child”, and then aimed for the American standard, heard sounds and saw silhouettes and dreamed of more to come...
I wanted four.

You moved us here. You picked us up from what we had and placed us in a place we couldn’t get, and You have seen us through. You gave this to us.
And it’s a dream. Not one I had. It's the kind I never dared to have.

And now I know. I don’t need the space. Don’t need the things. Don’t need the more. The multiple children. The gourmet kitchen.
I just need You. The man and boy You gave me. The pug the trees the fires.
And was that the point?

I can think of a hundred good reasons You might have us here. But as for our needs?
How can I serve You best right here, right now?
If You want us to move, You will move us. I know.
Just move us.

But until then, what can I do? How can I serve You? How can this not be about my hurt and empty and lonely sad? How can it not be about where he's heading, and how safe I stay, and what we deserve?
How can this be about You. And what You want of me?

I don’t want to watch it tonight. The shows. I don’t want to move. Don’t want to waste. Away.
Feel like I might be wasting me with You.
I hear You whispering something on the breeze, something beckoning, I can’t make of what.

I heard You call me to this place of burning wood. Where things are cold but have a promise sealed to heat right up.
And I don’t know if it is here or someplace else we'll see those days,
but all this more just makes me want less. Less this. Less me. More You. Just more You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words are a blessing to me. Thank you for taking the time to share your heart.